According to the E.P.A., in one hour a gas lawn mower:
- pollutes as much as 40 late-model cars
- emits the same quantity of hydrocarbons as a SUV driven 23,000 miles
- contributes 93 times the smog-forming emissions of a 2006-model car
Gas mowers run at 100 decibels; anything over 90 can cause hearing damage.
Gas mowers consume 580 million gallons of gasoline per year.
A 1,000 sq. ft. lawn generates 300 pounds of clippings annually. Hauling them away wastes valuable nutrients and fills up landfills.
It's mid-May and we're rolling. Popular services just now are weeding (hand-pulling and spot spraying), mulching, and sprinkler startup.
Irrigation days are just now limited to two per week in Denver, and our humate treatments (the second of our applications, due in about 40 days) will condition your soil for improved moisture retention, so that your grass stays green when chemical lawns are going brown.
We serve Denver North. Besides Stapleton, that includes neighborhoods like Park Hill, North Aurora, Whittier, Cole, Clayton, Cherry Creek North, Congress Park, and Capitol Hill -- everyone in zipcodes 80010, 80203, 80205, 80206, 80207, and the magical 80238.
Live outside these fortunate zipcodes? Don't despair -- check our partners!
- emissions are reduced to zero when equipment is run on batteries charged from renewable-energy sources
- electric equipment is 50–70% quieter than gas-powered
- our power equipment is charged with solar panels mounted on our trucks
- we compost or recycle all yard debris
- we mow at a height that maximizes water conservation and nutrient uptake
- we offer organic fertilization programs that ensure your yard is healthy and safe for children, pets, and waterways.